Here’s what’s going on in the Eagan, Minnesota area that you won’t want to miss out on:
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Steel frame placement is complete on the Minnesota Vikings Headquarters and the Twin Cities Orthopedics Performance Center steel is underway. Currently 4,000 work hours per week and nearly 40,000 work hours total have been completed to date. Nearly 100 workers are on-site daily working on the 5 outdoor football fields, 6,000-seat stadium (expandable to 10,000 seats), and outdoor training areas. All-in-all the indoor practice facility will total 92,000 square feet.
Who: Minnesota Vikings
What: 200 total acres – 40 acre Vikings Headquarters & Practice facility
When: Expected completion date – March 1, 2018!
Where: Intersection of 494 & Dodd Road in Eagan
Upcoming Hotel Growth
“Developer Rajiv Judge and a company called Arrowhead Lodge BRF Inc. are proposing a a four-story, 86-room Comfort Suites Hotel.
United Properties is planning a mixed-use development near the new Central Park Commons shopping center that would include a 128-room Residence Inn by Marriott.
JR Hospitality is planning a 123-room Hilton Home2 Suites near Twin Cities Premium Outlets, intending to break ground this fall. (Pictured at left.)
Update provided by bizjournals.com.
Chanhassen Dinner Theatres
Get ready to rock ‘n’ roll with the unforgettable Grease Soundtrack, as well as, added songs at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatres’ Main Stage. Grab a cocktail in their elegant and intimate Hogarth Lounge beforehand & then enjoy a delectable dinner and delightful show at this unique venue. Grease is playing now through October 28th, 2017.
Critics are raving:
“Grease brings the heat in CDT’s exuberant revival!” -Star Tribune
“A breezy, good-natured blast… A strong cast puts Grease at the top of its class!” -Pioneer Press
“Chanhassen’s Grease is ‘the one that I want!'” -Minnesota Public Radio
“A five out of five!” -SW News
“Electric chemistry!” -Twin Cities Arts Reader
“…A must-see” -KARE 11
“It’s a knockout!” -FOX 9
Casper’s Cherokee of Eagan
This newly renovated sports bar hosts new and exciting themes every night of the week and a fantastic menu – it’s no wonder Casper’s has been voted #1 Sports Bar by SunThisweek Readers’ Choice and #1 Patio in Eagan by Pioneer Press.
Enjoy juicy steaks and burgers that arrive sizzling from the grill. Families share made-from-scratch meals in the cozy booths while the Sports Barn serves up libations and nightly activities, with games broadcast from ample TV screens, including two new 10’x12’ screens. They offer weekday Express Lunch specials as well as breakfast on Saturday and Sunday complete with a weekend Bloody Mary Bar. There’s something for everyone!
Group Tours Can’t Get Enough of Eagan, Minnesota!
Between the great shopping, fantastic dining and spot on location, we can’t blame them! Additionally, when you stay in Eagan we are pleased to offer:
- Free shuttle service! Most Eagan Hotels offer free rides to the Mall of America®, Twin Cities Premium Outlets® and Central Park Commons (Eagan’s newest shopping/dining area).
- Many of Eagan’s hotels also include a complimentary breakfast with your stay.
- Free onsite motor coach parking!
- 3% lodging tax!
Here’s the Catch with the Eagan CVB!
- Bring your group to Eagan and attend a baseball, football or hockey game (heck, any sporting event works)
- Pick up a minimum of 24 rooms (Room rate and room block must be obtained utilizing the Eagan CVB)
- Snap a picture of your group, with tickets in hand, in front of the venue where the sporting event is taking place.
- Submit your picture and hotel receipt to the Eagan CVB within thirty days (30) of departure.
- Receive a refund equal to 10 rooms paid (excluding tax).
*** Refund is based on 10 rooms total (not per night) ***